9/25/12

Vadai More Kulambu


Day 2 of  Week 4, as mentioned in my post yesterday Ammini Kozhukattai , that I am paired with the ever versatile Veena . Her blog is a wonderful space for reading when you are not in a mood to do anything. Trust me you will get the energy to start cooking or baking. I have bookmarked many of her recipes to make. Today its More Kulambu. I have heard that many people have not tasted this wonderful dish . I love it so much, especially when it is Vadai More Kulambu. 



Ingredients 

Masala Vada - 12 
Curd - 2 cups

Coconut - 1/2 cup
Green Chili - 3 
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger - a small piece
Turmeric powder - a pinch
For tempering - mustard seeds, curry leaves
Oil - as required
Salt - as per taste



Method 

To make Masala Vadai please use this link
Beat the curd a little and keep it separately
In a blender, make a paste of the coconut, green chilies and cumin seeds
Take a little oil in a deep wok and add mustard seeds when it is hot
Add curry leaves, when the mustard seeds are done.
Add a pinch of Asafoetida and turmeric powder
Followed by the ground paste 
Saute for say 5 minutes before you add the curd to it.
Now adjust salt and add the Masala Vadai to it 
Let the mixture cook for 4 -  5 minutes in very low flame
Care should be taken that the mixture does not over boil.

Serve hot with papad and rice. My all time favorite lunch

Check what my fellow bloggers are cooking for today

10 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

My favourite kuzhambu,definitely irresistible.

Ramya said...

That looks soo yumm..Lovely flavours!

Rajani S said...

we like mor kuzhambu at home, a lot

Sravs said...

So yummy and delicious one !!!!

Sravs said...

So yummy and delicious one !!!!

Chef Mireille said...

will have to try - never had before

Jayanthi said...

Adding vada to moor kuzhambu is like North Indian Punjabi Khadi. Looks awesome.

vaishali sabnani said...

new to me..u r rt..even i have never tasted this!!

The Pumpkin Farm said...

i think this is more like our dahi pakodi or kadhi wade. looks nice

Srivalli said...

I have not made with Vada..sounds interesting..

Popular Posts