I love Kuli Paniyaram, and has always wanted to make it at home. After so much thinking and talking at home, I finally got my Kuli Panniyara pan. Though I am yet to make the dish in my pan. I made it for my nieces, K and T when they had come down to India in July. They loved it. Its always a pleasure when there is some one who relishes the foohat you cook. that kind of motivates me always to cook a vareity of dishes.
This Kuli Panniyaram is very simple. I made use of left over Dosa batter, addes some spices along with onion and green chillies.
- Dosa Batter - 2 cups
- 1 Onion - cut into small pieces
- 1 green chilli - cut into fine pieces
- A small pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seeds
- Oil as required
- Heat the Kulipanniyaram pan. Add a little oil in each of the holes.
- While it heats up, in a seperate wok add a little oil along with mustard seeds.
- Let them sputter, add the onions and green chillies. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add this to the batter, along with turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix the batter well
- When the Paniyaram pan is hot, laddle in one spoon of batter into each of the holes and let it cook well
7. Keep tossing the panniyaram till its cooked well.
8. I had downplayed the level of spice as my nieces are not used to the level of spice we use here in India.
Serve the panniyaram with chutney or sauce, I was given no time to serve it even with Sauce, the plate got over even before I could put it on the table. The girls loved it.
Sending these Panniyarams to Srivalli's Snack Mela