- Scrapped fresh coconut - 2 cups
- Rice - 2 cups boiled and cooled
- Green chillies - 2 cut into small pieces
- Curry leaves and mustard seeds for tempering
- Salt for taste
The method for making this peace loving dish is also simple
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add the tempering agents when the oil is hot.
- Add the green chillies followed by the scrapped coconut
- Saute this mixture in low flame and ensure that the flavour of coconut is retained
- To this add the cooled rice in batches. Adjust salt as per your taste and the quantity of rice you are adding
Coconut rice makes good option for kids lunch boxes. When I made this rice, I remembered my paati who used to love this rice. Miss you paati. Wish you was still around to taste the food I make.
I take this opportunity to thank my fellow runners and Srivalli for organising this marathon. Your comments and suggestions were my pillars of strength.
Okay, time to go on a trail to my fellow runners kitchen, wanna come along..
Azeema, Bhagi, Champa, Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, Harini, Jay, Meena, Mina, Padma, Pavani, PJ, Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh, Saraswathi, Savitha, Shanavi, Smitha, Sowmya, Suma, Usha, Veena