9/4/12

Drumstick Dal



Day 2 of Delicious Dals, I am going to serve you Drumstick Dal. As a kid , I hated this Dal whenever mom used to make it. But now I kind of developed the taste for this yummy Dal. the best combination is with Poondu Vatha kulambu. Slurp. Had it a couple of days ago, but the taste is still lingering in my mind.


Ingredients

Drumstick - 2 cut into 1 inch pieces
Toor Dal - 1 cup
Red chili powder - 2 tbsp
Onion - 1/2 cup thin slices
Oil - as required
Salt - as required
Mustard seeds and curry leaves for tempering 





Method 

Boil the drumstick in water till it is done
Pressure cook the Toor Dal and keep it separately
In a wok, heat oil and when it is hot, add the mustard seeds
After they sputters, add the sliced onions and curry leaves
Saute it for a minute and then add red chili powder and salt
Add the boiled drumstick with the water in which it was boiled
Followed by cooked Toor Dal.
Let it boil well and reduce to form a semi solid consistency
Serve with Vatha kulambu or it can be had just like that itself with rice

 



9 comments:

virunthu unna vaanga said...

so so yummy...

VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

vaishali sabnani said...

this is a nice one, even we use drumsticks in toor daal and they taste yum!

Priya Suresh said...

Slurp,fingerlicking and super flavourful dal..Love it anytime.

Chef Mireille said...

I've yet to try this veggie - quite expensive here unless you buy the frozen

rajani said...

Looks nice. Drumstick is my kid's favorite for the time being :)

Padmajha said...

Nice dal with drumsticks :)

Pavani said...

Drumstick dal is new to me, but looks delicious.

veena said...

very new to me...looks very inviting!!

Srivalli said...

Oh I have never added Drumstick to dal..must have been good..

Popular Posts