9/25/12

A Tribute to Chennai Food Guide

This is a long awaited post on Chennai Food Guide. Its been only one year that I became a part of this wonderful, enterprising group. But seems like I know the group so well. I am able to connect with all the foodies out there.. It is just the love for good food and the attitude to try various cuisines has got this group going. 


CFG group at Aahar , Mylapore

It was December 2011 when I first met Ali, Srihari, Nishanth, Harish , Karthi Ricky at a Microwave cooking class. It was held in Crimson Chakra. There started my love for food at Crimson. The smoked vegetable rice and the elaneer souffle. It was a lovely meeting when I saw the enthusiasm, especially men had with regard to food and cooking. 

From then on there was no looking back, I signed in for my first review which was at Jaavids Kebabs and Kurries. As luck would take me , I was the only Vegetarian there, but thankfully they had vegetarian options.  




Competitors at Donut House

This review has an additional importance, as I had a chance to meet Bhuvanesh the owner of Donut House and during the interaction, I got to know about the make your donut competition that was to be held. It has been a long dream of mine to get into the kitchen of Donut House. I did not wait but grabbed this opporutniy and did work in the Donut house kitchen for the competition. I did not win, but it was a wonderful experience. The best part of the whole competition was that my CFG friends were so much supporting me. 

Workshops and Demo cooking sessions have become an intergral part of CFG s regular activities. One such  workshop which helped me gain a lot of confidence is the Great Briyani Cookout. Which gave me the push to make Briyani at home and now from a novice I am a expert in preparing Briyani. I have appreciations pouring it for briyani from office colleagues to my dad. Thanks CFG and Chef Rajab for this wonderful opportunity


Participants at Greek Cuisine Workshop

Its been a long journey for Chennai food guide which was started in 2004 in Orkut. It has grown in the terms of number of members, its popularity, the impact it creates, and not to forget the growth in terms of responsibility from resturant owners to deliver quality food and service to its customer

Here is wishing many many more years of Chennai Food Guide. 

Please join us as we celebrate our 8th Anniversary on 29th September 2012, at The Residency Towers. 


1 comment:

vaishali sabnani said...

this is truly very interesting..loved reading ...

Popular Posts