This vazhathandu saaru is a very very healthy drink for people who are obese and suffer from kidney problems. It is known to be an excellent cooler for the whole body. It is very apt to have it during summer as helps to keep the body cool in this high temperature environment. Making this is very simple.
Caution: People who have sinusitis try a small quantity or consult your physician before you start taking this as a part of your regular diet.
1. Vazhathandu - 1 foot long stem
2. Salt - a pinch
1. Cut the thandu into small pieces
2. Put into a blender and make a smooth paste
3. Add a little water if required
4. Strain the blended thandu and extract the juice
5. Add a pinch of salt and serve chilled
Do check what my fellow runners are upto for the second day of the blogging marathon.
Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, Divya, Jayashree, Jayasree, Kaveri, Pavani,
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Gayathri, Priya
Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika,
Seven Days of Regional Specials: Cool Lassi(e), Harini, Vaishali, Suma
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Kalyani
Summer Coolers: Kamalika, Srivalli