5/29/11

JalJeera - Summer Coolers - BM#5

JalJeera is the most refreshing drink. I had a taste of it when I visited a dhaba for the first time. Since then I never miss to drink it whenever I go to any dhaba. It my fav drink. It is best when served in a small matka pot. I never hesitate to ask for a second round of this wonderful JalJeera.
When I chose Summer coolers for this marathon. I knew this will surely get featured as one of the drinks that I prepare. I adopted the recipe from here
Ingredients:



  • 2 tbsp Dry Cumin Seeds, roasted and ground

  • 2 tbsp Mint Leaves Paste

  • 1/2 tsp Cilantro Leaves Paste

  • 1 tbsp Dried Mango Powder

  • 2 tbsp Lemon Juice

  • Pinch Sugar

  • 5 cups Cold Water

  • Kara Boondhi for garnish

Method:



  • Roast and ground the Cumin Seeds

  • Make seperate paste of coriander and mint leaves

  • Take all the ingredients except water and boondhi in a bowl,mix well

  • Add the cold water and mix well

  • Serve in long glass

  • Garnish with Kara boondhi just before you serve it ( else they will become soggy )

Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me
Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, Divya, Jayashree, Kaveri, Pavani
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Gayathri, Priya Suresh
Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika
Seven Days of Regional Specials:Harini, Vaishali, Suma, PJ
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Kalyani
Summer Coolers: Jayasree, Kamalika, Srivalli

No comments:

Popular Posts