I wanted to post a sweet on this special day which is dedicated to Women. A very happy Women's Day to all those lovely ladies out there. Women rocks the world. I am very proud to be a woman, I can see nods there agreeing to this point.
The recipe for today is a special one. This one again was completely loved by my nieces K & T. On a Sunday morning we had gone for a walk in the apartment when we encountered fresh carrots. One cannot resist buying them, they were so fresh. So I asked these kids if they would like to have carrot halwa they immediately said yes.
Things that help you make this dish
- Carrot - 1 kg grated
- Sugar - as per taste ( I used 3 cups )
- Ghee - as per the requirement
- Cashew & Raisins - to Garnish
The method of preparation
- Grate the carrot and pressure cook them without water for one whistle
- In a large wok, heat a little ghee and add the steamed carrot
- After 2 mins time , add the sugar little by little. Adjust to the taste of your family.
- In another pan, add ghee. When the ghee is hot add cashew and raisins to be roasted
- Keep stirring this mixture and occasionally keep adding ghee to it
- The mixture should come together and ghee should start coming out
- At this juncture switch off the flame and add roasted cashew and raisins
- Cardamom powder can be added, though it is optional
- Serve this hot carrot halwa with vanilla ice cream. I bet you nothing can be more sinful
Verdict : My nieces loved it and had heaps of this halwa with icecream.
Im gonna be a good foodie today, who will surely visit her fellow runners. Come on let s go