3/8/11

Day 5 - Blogging Marathon - Gajar Halwa with Ice cream

I wanted to post a sweet on this special day which is dedicated to Women. A very happy Women's Day to all those lovely ladies out there. Women rocks the world. I am very proud to be a woman, I can see nods there agreeing to this point.

The recipe for today is a special one. This one again was completely loved by my nieces K & T. On a Sunday morning we had gone for a walk in the apartment when we encountered fresh carrots. One cannot resist buying them, they were so fresh. So I asked these kids if they would like to have carrot halwa they immediately said yes.

Things that help you make this dish
  • Carrot - 1 kg grated
  • Sugar - as per taste ( I used 3 cups )
  • Ghee - as per the requirement
  • Cashew & Raisins - to Garnish

The method of preparation

  • Grate the carrot and pressure cook them without water for one whistle
  • In a large wok, heat a little ghee and add the steamed carrot
  • After 2 mins time , add the sugar little by little. Adjust to the taste of your family.
  • In another pan, add ghee. When the ghee is hot add cashew and raisins to be roasted
  • Keep stirring this mixture and occasionally keep adding ghee to it
  • The mixture should come together and ghee should start coming out
  • At this juncture switch off the flame and add roasted cashew and raisins
  • Cardamom powder can be added, though it is optional
  • Serve this hot carrot halwa with vanilla ice cream. I bet you nothing can be more sinful

Verdict : My nieces loved it and had heaps of this halwa with icecream.

Im gonna be a good foodie today, who will surely visit her fellow runners. Come on let s go

11 comments:

Niba said...

this urges me to try it myself.. will do and let you know.. thanks for posting..

Mina Joshi said...

Perfect recipe for Women's day!! Looks delicious.

Divya said...

i love carrot halwa....wonderful colour...love it with icecream

Harini R said...

My fav sweet ..though I prepare it a lil differently

Ila said...

Hoooo yummy and delicious :) inviting to eat :) love t :)

Reshmi said...

a very tempting halwa. never tried it with ice cream. Send this to my event @ Rasoi

veena said...

oooh i love this combo. Looks perfect

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Pass the Bowl please!!!! Hot Hot Carrot halwa with Ice cream!!! mmm!!! yummy :)

Pavani said...

Oh man. Carrot halwa with ice cream. Even I can't resist that combo. Kids will LOVE it for sure.

Srivalli said...

That's a lovely combo Kamalika..I made it last time and had it all myself..:)

MySpicyKitchen said...

Another nice combination! Halwa looks great!

Popular Posts