Today I am going to share a simple recipe. Veggie sandwich.
Simple ingredients for this dish
- Bread ( preferably whole wheat)
- Cabbage - shredded
- Carrot - shredded
- Onion - finely chopped
- Green chilli - 1 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds and oil for tempering.
How to we make this wholesome breakfast.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed wok
- Add mustard seeds and let it sputter
- To this add the cabbage and saute till they are al dente
- Set the sauteed cabbage aside.
- Add a little oil and saute the Onion and carrot till they are done.
- Add turmeric and salt to the mixture followed by cabbage
- Saute the whole thing until you get a completely blended filling
- Now, toast the bread slices either stove top or toaster
- Place some filling on one slice and then cover it using another toasted slice
- Cut them diagonally and serve with tomato ketchup ( I had mine just like that )