This is my first post with regards to Blog Hop Wednesdays. I have often seen posts from members of this group and had always wanted to be a part of it. So this time when Radhika gave the announcement I did not think twice before I filled in the form and send it to her.
For those who do not know what this is all about. Its simple, you will be paired with another blogger. You have to cook something from the other blog and post it on the said date. For this month I am paired with Pinky of Pinky's Recipe Diary
The moment I got the mail from Radhika, I opened Pinky's blog and the first post I saw was, Mysore Pak. I decided to make it. I made the Mysore pak for two reasons, one I saw it first and two wanted to have a sweet beginning to this Blog hop Wednesdays.
You can find Pinky's recipe for Mysore Pak here. I have adopted mine from hers. Actually doubled her recipe
- Besan Flour - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 cups
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Heat 2tsps of ghee in a heavy bottom wok and roast the besan flour in it, till you get a nice aroma of besan
- Add the 3/4th of the ghee to the roasted besan flour and make a thick paste of it
- Keep aside in a different vessel
- Take the sugar and water in the same wok and heat it till one string consistency
- Now add the besan mix to the sugar and keep stirring
- Add the rest of the ghee and keep stirring without forming lumps
- Look out till the mixture leaves the sides of the wok
- Pour it to a greased plate and allow it to cool a little
- Using a knife cut into pieces and serve.