1/28/12

Moong dal Payasam for Day 6 BM # 12



It the penultimate day of the Blogging Marathon. I'm completely satisfied with my run this time. I did full justice to my posts and fellow runners.

This was one of my new year's resolution, to be an active blogger , by posting regularly and visiting my fellow bloggers space. I think this marathon has helped me to initiate the act.

I had prepared Moong Dal Payasam yesterday for Neivedhiyam. It is a simple, healthy and delicious dish. It does not require much ingredients also.

So here goes the recipe for my moong dal payasam.

Ingredients :


Moong dal - 2 cups
Jaggery - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 tsps
Cashew and raisin - for decoration

Method:
Soak the moong dal for about 30 minutes
Pressure cook it for 3 whistles
Allow it to cool and then mash the dal
In the mean while prepare jaggery syrup and strain it
Add the jaggery syrup to the mashed dal
Heat a little ghee in another pan and roast the cashew and raisin
Add them to the payasam and let it mix well.
As an option you can either mix milk to this payasam and have or just have it like that.
You can also add fried coconut pieces to the payasam to make it rich


This Moong Dal Payasam is served at

Blogging Marathon, under the theme ‘Something Sweet’
Kid’s Delight : for this month’s theme ‘Something Sweet’

13 comments:

Unknown said...

delicious and yumm!...looks great!

Harini said...

my makes this in summer as this payasam is supposed to cool down our body from the summer heat!

Srivalli said...

Lovely presentation..

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Delicious looking payasam,craving for this one now....

vaishali sabnani said...

I have been reading a lot about Payasams..I guess it's high time I give it a shot..looks lovely!

The Pumpkin Farm said...

looks yummy and beautiful picture

Rajani said...

This is one of my favorites :)

Priya Suresh said...

Super tempting payasam,yummm!!

Usha said...

I have seen many moong dal payasam recipes on the blogs but never made it at home.. Looks delicious !

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Great looking payasam! Yum!

Gayathri Kumar said...

Delicious payasam...

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Healthy Payasam, i too made something similar for Day 6!!!

Suma Gandlur said...

Lovely kheer!

Popular Posts