I have started running in the marathon, so that I post regularly. There are lot of food photos that are in my archive.
Being a part of this marathon will motivate me to post often unlike before.
I kick start this marathon with a yummy and tangy Mangai Sadham. In Chennai, we experience summer almost throughout the year. During peak summer time, mangoes are seen in abundant. That is the time when summer hols would have started and every household will be making pickles of all kinds and along with vadams. This is to get maximum benefit of the heat that will be scorching us. Mangoes always bring back sweet memories of school and college. Th0se are days when we used to get 4 pieces of mango with a little chilli and salt powder sprinkled on it for Re.1. Now we need to give Rs 10 for the same stuff in Ranganathan street.
Coming to the recipe of the day. Yes Mangai Sadham. The moment I think about it, I can feel the tanginess of the rice.
Here is what you will need to make this yummy dish
- 1 cup of rice - washed and steamed
- 1 Green Mango - scrapped
- 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp of Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste.
- Oil, mustard, fenugreek seeds for tempering
- Cilantro for garnish
How do you make this Mangai Sadham. Here you go -
- Boil the rice seperately and let it cool
- In a heavy bottom wok , heat oil and add the tempering ingrediants
- Add the scrapped mango to it and saute for 3 mins
- Add the redchilli and coriander powder along with salt to the sauted green mango
- Adjust salt as per taste. Remember that you need to add salt for the rice that you will be mixing with this.
- When the raw smell of redchilli and coriander powder vanishes, take the wok off the stove and let it cool for a minute
- To this add the cooled rice and mix well.
- Check for salt and add accordingly
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with raitha and potato chips.
I am actually waiting for peak summer when this dish will be more frequent than now.I get lovely aroma from my fellow runner's kitchen. Shall we peek in.. come on let us
Azeema, Bhagi, Champa, Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, Jay, Meena, Mina, Padma, Pavani, PJ, Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya, Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh,Saraswathi, Savithri, Shanavi, Smitha, Sowmya, Srivalli, Suma, Usha, Veena.ai