7/19/13

Charminar : The Briyani HotSpot

Charminar and Briyani are synonyms for Briyani lovers. I have heard a lot about this place from fellow CFGians. Was wanting to check the place out for a very long time, but had my own doubts as it being a predominantly non vegetarian place. When the call for review came my way, I actually double checked if vegetarians would have any options. Surprisingly, Charminar offers a wide variety of vegetarian food. On the whole the experience was good, with a little glitches that usually happens in any restaurants. 

We started off the dinner with soups and starters. Again a lot being said of their Manchow Soup, I opted for it. It was spicy and had crunchy noodles on. This would be my personal preference when I visit them the next time. You do get a non vegetarian version of this soup, which is Chicken Manchow soup. It has shredded chicken along with vegetables.


Veg  Manchow Soup and Sweet Corn Soup

We had close to 4 starters. Each one with a varied taste and flavor. 


Paneer Tikka & Achari Aloo Tikka

Both appear similar but tastes differently. I have not seen Aloo being presented like paneer before. Paneer tikka was soft and succulent with the flavors infused very well. Aloo Tikka was sour and had just the right amount of spices. The onion salad along with the tikka was very tasty.


Majestic Baby Corn

This dish was way to sour for my tongue. Some how it did not suit my palettes  I had a piece and then passed on to the next dish. But this was a hit dish, in the recent Star Vijay Awards function as told by Charminar s PR Vidya. They had made a slight variation of using Prawns to Baby Corn 


Veg Shangrila 

Vegetarian Shangrila is the meatless version of sheek kebab  Its mashed vegetables made on tandoor using skewers. Tasted like cutlets in a different form and had a predominant flavor of cinnamon. It tasted good with the mint chutney.


Lacha Paratha , Charminar Veg Subzi and Yellow Dal

When you visit Charminar, do not ever forget to order the Yellow Dal. It was just superb. Perfect for Lacha paratha and to eat it just like that. The texture, color and taste were all just perfect. 

One of their signature dishes, Charminar Vegetable Subzi was again a standout dish in the showcase. It was spicy and had a lot of veggies (psst: I always like a lot of veggies in my food)


Vegetable Briyani and Paneer Briyani

Showstopper for the whole dinner, Briyani : Spicy, flavorful and cooked to the perfect consistency. I love their Briyani, be it vegetable or paneer.


Double Kaa Meeta 

Dessert was Double Kaa Meeta, bread cooked with Khoya , loaded with cashews, raisins and cherries and drizzled with generous portions of ghee. Perfect dessert to end with. 

My ratings
Service: 8/10
Rates: 8/10
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 6/10

Will I go back? Definitely yes. Not all restaurants that concentrate on Non vegetarian food gives so many options for Vegetarians. This is the USP of Charminar. 

Charminar is located at 

Lloyds Rd, Padupet, 

Chennai, TN 600086

Phone:044 2811 1007

No comments:

Popular Posts