I am posting an incredibly tasty and easy breezy chutney which you can have it mixed with rice, or as a sidedish. This chutney can also be used as a spread on Chapatis or Breads, when you make rolls or sandwich. I like to mix it with rice along with a tinge of ghee and have with homemade vathal. Reminds me I do have three varieties of Vathal that I have to post and send it to Srivalli's Condiment Mela.
1. Pudhina - a small bunch
2. Coriander leaves - a small bunch
3. Coconut - 1/4 cup
4. Bengal Gram dal - 1/4 cup
5. Red chillies - 1
6. Green Chillies - 3
7. Tamarind - a small ball (depends on the level of tanginess you want)
8. Salt - to taste
1. Saute the ingredients one by one seperately and keep aside
2. In a blender add the ingredients and grind to make a coarse paste
3. Do not add water as it might spoil the consistency
4. Check for the salt and serve with the dish of your choice
Now was'nt I right in saying it is a breezy dish. Do try it and let me know how you liked it.
Check my blogger buddies running 8th edition of blogging marathon here.
Sending this aromatic chutney to Srivallis' Condiment Mela