Coming to the recipe for the day, its Vegetable Ghee Rice. I had made this today specially for my nephew who was visiting us. He does not like spicy food. It was a hit with him. He ate only this rice. My cousin sister in law and the others also liked it very much. I heard from her that the kids are still talking about this ghee rice.
These are the ingredients I used to make this wonderful ghee rice. I actually loved the aroma of the whole dish. It was mild and appetising
- 3 cups Basmati Rice ( soaked in water for 15 mins )
- 1 cup each of Beans, Carrot and Green peas ( ahhh I love them )
- 1 clove, 1 small stick of cinnamon , 1 bale leaf , 1 cardamom pod
- 2 green chillies slit lengthwise
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - generous quantity
I will explain how this ghee rice was made with the pictures below
- In the pressure cooker heat a little ghee and add the spice agents, followed by onions , green chillies and veggies.
- Saute them till half done. Add the basmati rice and fry them for a minute's time.
- Add water to the sauted mixture. The ratio I used for this rice is 1: 1.5. Ensure you add a little more water for the veggies also
- Add salt at this stage
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then add some more ghee to it.
- Pressure cook it for 3 whistles and then leave it to cool
- Use a fork to make the rice a little fluffy
Okay, time to go on a trail to my fellow runners kitchen, wanna come along..
Azeema, Bhagi, Champa, Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, Harini, Jay, Meena, Mina, Padma, Pavani, PJ, Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh, Saraswathi, Savitha, Shanavi, Smitha, Sowmya, Suma, Usha, Veena