This morning while checking mails, I saw Srivalli's mail coming in first of the marathon runners with the link of her recipe for Day 2 . I wish to be the first one to post during the course of the marathon. Let me try that with utmost sincerity.
Moving on to today's recipe. This is the most handy thing that you can do either when your fridge runs out of veggies or you have very less time to make lunch. Some of my friends do have Lemon rice for breakfast. I personally wanna have it for lunch along with potato curry and some salted potato chips. Heaven isn't it. Ask me to talk about food I can go on and on. Special thanks to my office lunch group( more about them in another post).
Here are the ingredients that go into this simple yet a fantabulous variety rice.
- Juice of 1 big lemon( keep in the microwave for 2 mins before you squeeze the juice, you will get a better yield)
- 2 cups of rice, boiled and cooled
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, bengal gram dal, urad dal for tempering
- Salt to taste
Let us start to make the eye catching lemon rice.
- Wash rice and cook it separately
- In a thick bottom wide pan add a little oil
- When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds followed by the bengal gram dal and Urad dal( I simply love the aroma when the tempering is made)
- Add a pinch of turmeric
- Saute the chopped green chillies in this tempering at a lower heat.
- Remove from fire and then add the Lemon juice and salt.
- To this mixture add the cooled rice little by little and mix well.
- Serve hot with Potato fry and chips.
Ok here I go blog hopping to my fellow runners kitchen to see what is cooking there. Join me please
Azeema, Bhagi, Champa, Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, Harini, Jay, Kamalika, Meena, Mina, Padma, Pavani, PJ, Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh, Saraswathi, Savitha, Shanavi, Smitha, Sowmya, Suma, Usha, Veena