10/1/08

Carrot Halwa


Carrot Halwa
Simple and tasty sweet that can be made in a short span of time. Provided you have fresh carrots handy.

When I went to market last time , these bright orange ones caught my eyes. Here goes how I did the Vegan Sweet.
Ingredients:
Carrot - Shredded 4 cups
Sugar - 4 cups ( depends on the sweet tooth of ur family )

Method:
In a heavy bottom wok, add the shredded carrot and let it boil for 5 - 10 mins. You need not add water as the shredded carrot will have water content on its own. When the carrot is done, reduce the flame and add the sugar. You can add nuts if you wish to. Keep stirring under low flame, till you get the consistency of halwa and the mixture leaves the side. Garnish with nuts and serve with Vanilla icecream. Trust me its a heavenly combination ... I just love it.

This carrot halwa is travels to Sweet Vegan event hosted by Vaishali

No comments:

Popular Posts