4/14/11

Onion - Tomato Chutney - BM#4

Sometimes technology gives up completely. I had problem uploading my photos to the blog initially. So I uploaded the snaps in when the network was fast for all my posts. I did this, thinking that blogger would open any time and that I can write the post. But I was wrong, blogger would not open for me last night AT ALL. I completely hated it but was not in a position to do anything. So here I am early morning when the speed of network is good to finish my posts. My recipe for the day is a easy breezy Onion - Tomato Chutney. This can be done to have a different side dish for chapathi or dosa or idli. It can also be used as a sandwich filler or to make frankies. I mostly do this when guests come home. Its a easy one when added to the menu will make the spread look a little huge. Ingredients:

  • Onion - 2 ( cut into small pieces)

  • Tomato - 2 ( cut into small pieces)

  • Red chillie powder - 2 tsps

  • Coriander powder - 2 tsps

  • Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsps

  • Salt - to taste

  • Tempering - Mustard seeds & Oil

Method:



  • Cut the onion and tomato to small pieces. I use a vegetable cutter so mine is super fine and is done in a jiffy



  • In a non stick pan add a little oil.

  • When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds and allow them to sputter

  • Once mustard seeds are done add the chopped onions and saute

  • Wait till the onions are translucent and then add the tomato

  • Saute for 5 mins.

  • Then add the powders , Red chillie, Coriander, Turmeric and salt

  • Keep sauting till it reaches a muchy consistency. Do not add water as the juice of tomato added will be enough



  • In 15minutes the chutney will be ready

  • Serve it with white fluffy dosas or chapathis

  • This can be stored for 2 -3 days in the fridge

  • Makes an excellent condiment for travel and picnics



Peep into my fellow bloggers kitchen to check what they are cooking


5 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Can have two more idlies with this chutney,my fav..

A Kamalika Krishmy said...

Me too priya ..

Unknown said...

That is one of the simple and best tomato chutney I have seen ever, will surely give it a try :)

A Kamalika Krishmy said...

Thanks
Please try ..You will love it Priya ...

Suma Gandlur said...

Anytime we love this gojju, as we call it.

Popular Posts