4/15/11

Mango Pickle - Step by Step procedure- BM#4

I had been to my native during the month of March. The most awaited visit to my Janaki Paati's house. The person to whom this little space of mine gets its name. I literally made everything for lunch on that day. I made Raw Banana Puttu, Potato Fry, Mango Pickle & Carrot Halwa ( My uncle specifically wanted me to make it for him ). Drumstick Sambhar was made by my aunt. Paati is diabetic and is not supposed to have potato, raw banana and sweets. But she did not leave anything untouched. I was so happy that I was able to cook for her atleast once in a while. Today's recipe is about how to make Mango Pickle. Being the season of Mangoes I thought it was apt to post this recipe. Ingerdients:

  • Raw Mango - 1 Cut into small pieces

  • Red Chillie powder - 3 spoons

  • Turmeric powder - 1/2 spoon

  • Salt - to taste

  • Tempering - oil & Mustard seeds

Method of Preparation:



  • Cut the mango into small pieces


  • In a kadai add oil . When the oil is hot add the mustard seed and allow it to spatter

  • Once the mustard seeds are done add the mango pieces and saute for 2 mins



  • Add Red chillie powder and mix well . Go on to add salt and saute for 2 mins


  • Yummy Mango Pickle is ready


  • Serve with hot bisibela bath or creamy curd rice. The combination of color and taste will be too good.

  • This mango pickle can be shelved for 2 days


Thanks for reading,


Please leave your trail in my fellow marathoners


6 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Slurp, hot and spicy pickle makes me drool,salivating..

A Kamalika Krishmy said...

It tastes yumm with Curd Rice ...

MySpicyKitchen said...

Mouthwatering! Love spicy sour mango pickle! I am drooling over here looking at your pictures

Srivalli said...

Excellent kamalika..so good that you got it right the right person..:)

Ila said...

ho drooling and tempting pickle :)

Suma Gandlur said...

Yummy one to go along with some curd rice.

Popular Posts