4/16/11

Black Sesame Seeds Pachadi /Ellu pachadi - BM#4

Its Day 6 of the first Marathon I am running and its quite exciting. The recipe for today is Ellu pachadi/ Balack sesame seeds pachadi. The taste of this pachadi is tangy & spicy. It is best the combo when had with moong dal sambhar. It is usually a main dish on Duvadesi when the fast is broken after Vaikunta Ekadesi. Very simple to make , it does not call for any special ingredients. I love this pachadi, that too when had after a day of fast. Ingredients:

  • Black sesame seeds - 1/2 cup

  • Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup

  • Onions - 1/2 cut into small pieces

  • Green chillies - 2 cut into small pieces

  • Salt to taste

  • Tempering - oil & mustard seeds
Method:

  • Fry the back sesame seeds till you get the lovely aroma

  • Let it cool

  • Grind it to a smooth paste in a blender

  • In a non stick pan add oil for tempering

  • When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds and curry leaves

  • Add the green chillies and onions.

  • Saute for 3 minutes

  • To this add the tamarind pulp

  • When it begind to boil add the black sesame seeds paste

  • Adjust salt and keep stirring till it comes to a pachadi consistency

  • Serve it with hot sambhar sadham
Guess I am a little early today to peep into my fellow marathoners kitchen

7 comments:

Divya said...

i know few recipes in ellu....but this is new for me...looks nice..

Priya Suresh said...

Slurp,droolworthy pachadi,i dont bother to have some..

Ila said...

wonderful and looks delicious :)

Archana Vivek said...

Something really very new recipe to me. Sounds very nice. I should surely try this out.

MySpicyKitchen said...

I don't make sesame seed pachadi but add some sesame powder to most of my chutneys. Will try this very soon.

Suma Gandlur said...

Yummy. This is different than our version.

Unknown said...

Hey, that is a very different prep than what I am used to. Usually, we grind everything together, I will surely give this method a try :)

Popular Posts