5/23/11

Orange Popsicle - Summer Coolers for BM#5

Hi Everybody, here I am back with my creations for the blogging marathon # 5.. which is the brain child of Srivalli. Something very strange between Srivalli and me , we always land up choosing the same themes for marathon. When we had a chat about this marathon, I told her its tough to do Coolers without having fruit juices and milkshakes, but then what is life without challenge. I put on my thinking cap and came up with 7 summer coolers that will be presented to you in the week to come. Presenting to you my first creation - Orange Popsicle.

As a child I have always fancied an orange or a grape popsicle owing to fact the color that they leave in the tongue after you have had them. So I decided to make it first this time. Trust me it was so simple and the result was incredible. I was so happy for myself. My nephew and nieces are coming down next month, so this will surely feature in the menu.

Getting on to the recipe of Orange Popsicle
Ingredients to make 2 popsicles
1.Kissan Orange Squash - 5 tsps
2.Water - 2 cups
3.Sugar - as required

Method:
1. Mix the ingredients in a clean vessel
2. Wait till all the sugar that you have added gets completely dissolved
3. Drain the mixture through a fine cloth so that any foreign particles in the sugar gets filtered off.
4. Pour them into popsicle moulds and freeze for 4 hours.
5. Check after 3 hours and then depending on the texture of the popsicle you can freeze it for some more time
6. Show them under running water to remove the popsicle from the mould
7. Enjoy the Orange popsicle done in a very hygenic way.


I can see gleaming faces of many mothers out there who have found a way to satisfy their kids wants of eating a popsicle in a simple way. Keep watching this space I have three more popsicles lined up for the marathon


Do check out what my fellow runnners have done on Day 1

Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, Divya, Jayashree, Jayasree, Kaveri, Pavani,

Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Gayathri, Priya Suresh,

Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika,

Seven Days of Regional Specials: Cool Lassi(e), Harini, Vaishali, Suma

Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Kalyani

Summer Coolers: Kamalika, Srivalli




13 comments:

Harini said...

good one. I make it with fresh orange juice!!

jayasree said...

Very tempting clicks. Of all the orange concentrates available in the market, kissan is my favorite and it tastes great in the pops too.

Suma Gandlur said...

Love that citrusy popsicle.

Aarthi said...

Yummy..this makes me thirsty

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Popsicle looks very tempting...Would love to have one right now....

MySpicyKitchen said...

Love the color of the Popsicle!

Pavani said...

Orange popsicle looks refreshing and delicious.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Popsicle looks great. Perfect for this hot climate...

Aarthi said...

i love this

Jayashree said...

What you said about the colour of the tongue being a major attraction is so true, Kamalika.

vaishali sabnani said...

any thing icy is a treat in this summer where we are in a furnace..feeling cool...by the visual!!lovely color and flavor:)

Priya Suresh said...

Feel like relishing that damn addictive pops,yumm!

Srivalli said...

Wow Kamalika, you kept your word!..that popsicle looks really so tempting..

Popular Posts