1.8 - 10 tomatoes blanched in hot water
2.Red chillie powder - 2 spoons
3.Coriander powder - 1 spoon
4. Turmeric powder - 1/2 spoon
5. Tamarind - a small ball ( you can adjust it to your taste or even avoid it, if the tomatoes are very ripe)
7. Salt to taste
8. For seasoning Oil. Mustard seeds, Urad dal and Fenugreek seeds
1. Blanch the tomatoes in hot water and let it cool down
2. Once it is completely cooled down, take the tomatoes in a blender and make a smooth paste
3. In a thick bottomed wok, add a little oil
4. When the oil is hot add the seasoning agents one by one
5. To this add the tomato puree followed by the dry powders mentioned above
7. Do not stand too close to the wok as there will be hot bubbles bursting as the thokku gets thicker.
8. When you see oil coming on to the sides of the wok, the tomato thokku is ready.
They are not only a good combination to eat but also to see, it would be a visual treat to the eyes, when you seve them with white fluffy idlis, the color combination would be very nice. Do try and let me know how you liked it.Check my blogger buddies running 8th edition of blogging marathon here.
This dish is off to Condiment Mela hosted by Srivalli.