5/12/08

Chennai Bloggers Meet - 1 May 2008


What happens when ten some ladies with a common liking to cook , eat and blog meet ... Fun and tasty food ... what else ... It was absolutely exciting when we all met on May 1 st . I know that my post is rather too late, but still wanted to share my bit of memories that I carried from the meet.

It was a very hot day .. but still we foodies met at 11 am at Lakshmi's House . Rather I was the late comer who went in at around 11.45 am .. I was asked to guess each other person's name . Kamini felt pity for me and helped me out of it.

The most special feature of the whole day was Potluck Lunch .. Each bringing in a food item and hence made up for the lunch menu. For starters Kamini made some wonderful Aloo Tikkis, Rachael baked excellent Ladenia, Arundati made a traditional keralite dish along with idiyappam, though on diet I relished Sra's Panner Curry.Nirmala made Florentines, Srivalli's channa Pulao and Coconut Burfi was a treat by itself. Lavi literally fed me with her rasagulla. Jayashree brought chakkavaratty payasam.. It was tooooooooooooo sweet , and I liked it a lot. I made Chakarai Pongal which is my speciality dish either at home or outside. Renuka and Bharathy were able to make it to the meet at the last minute. Very sweet of them ...

Arundati gave Banana Cake to us as she left. It was lovely , I will surely try the cake as its void of Yeast :).

It was a wonderful meeting, I was able to meet a different set of folks from varied spheres of life and share my thoughts with them .. Wish to meet you all soon ...






6 comments:

Srivalli said...

kamalika..thats a wonderful sketch!..and it was indeed great meeting you!

Arundathi said...

hey cool sketch! and thanks for the kind words! enjoyed meeting everyone!

Rachel said...

Lovely illustration!

Great meeting you as well.

sra said...

Hey Kamalika, nice meeting you too. That pic made me laugh. Did you draw it?

Beyond Curries said...

I envy you guys. Wish I was in Chennai.

A Kamalika Krishmy said...

Hi Valli ,

I was excited to meet you guys as well

Arundati ,

Loved your banana cake

Thanks Rachel

Thanks Sra , nope not me .. I took it from the net

Popular Posts