7/17/12

Yam Fry

Here we are in the Third Week of Blogging Marathon # 18. And my choice is dry sautes. I am a big fan off kootu and curries in Indian cuisine be it north indian or south indian cuisines. But at times we need to have dry subzis or dry curries to accompany our thali or daily meals. There are some dry sautes which are very close to my heart, meaning I like to make them as well as eat them. I will be presenting three such dishes this week. Do check what my fellow bloggers are cooking this week



Ingredients:
Yam - 200 gm
Red chili powder - 2 tbsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1tsp
Salt - to taste
Tempering - oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves



Method:

Cut Yam into 1 inch cube pieces and cook till it is 3/4th done
Remove from water and let it rest for some 10 minutes
Add the spice powders along with salt to the boiled yam and mix well
Ensure that all the yam cubes are coated with the spice powder mixture
Marinate this for about 20 minutes
After 20 minutes add oil in a frying pan
When the oil is hot add mustard seeds and curry leaves
After the sputtering of mustard seeds are done , add the marinated yam and saute well 
Saute the yam in medium or slow flame to get the right texture and roasted yam




17 comments:

Usha said...

Such a simple and flavorful saute! My mom use to make it very often when we were growing up.

Chef Mireille said...

I am allergic to yam but would def. try with potato

Srivalli said...

Looks very nice Kamalika, though I don't make it myself..I am sure this tastes very crisp and delicious..

vaishali sabnani said...

looks like some fries...yum!

Unknown said...

Today my menu at home is yam curry with sambhar....Looks delicious...

hotpotcooking said...

Nice one. Simple and healthy

Kalyani said...

lovely stir fry, Kamalika.. we make this very often, and in a similar fashion too :)


Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Hosting Walk Through Memory Lane – July 2012

preeti garg said...

Look totally yum..... with tea

Priya Suresh said...

Simply love this fry,irresistible and super crispy.

The Pumpkin Farm said...

my younger sis loves this veggie...will let her know about this lovely recipe soon

Jayanthi said...

wonderfully done...looks so crispy.

Harini R said...

looks very tempting.

divyagcp said...

Simple and delicious..
Looks inviting.

Divya's Culinary Journey
Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN
Bake along challenge # 4 - Peanut Butter
Love lock series- Breads

Pavani said...

I love yams and the curry looks delicious.

Padmajha said...

We love this type of curry.Looks delicious

Gayathri Kumar said...

Can have this any time with curd and rasam rice. Looks so inviting...

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Simply delicioso! I love Yams!

Popular Posts