12/8/08

Easy Breezy Rice Sevai Kichadi

I love rice sevai , but my mother does not like to cook it. Hence when I get a chance to make breakfast I ensure that I make this Sevai in a number of variations. You can make Lemon sevai, Coconut sevai, Kichadi, you can also make rice sevai fried rice. I wish to try that, will soon do it and post the recipe here. So today's breakfast was Rice Sevai Kichadi with Fried Gram Dal Chutney
Ingredients:
Rice Sevai - 2 cups.
Assorted veggies - I had carrots , beans and green peas.
Green chillies - 3 slit into two
Curry leaves
Mustard seeds.

Method:
Boil the rice sevai separately and run it through cold water (This will separate the grains). In a heavy bottom pan, heat a little oil and add the mustard seeds along with the curry leaves( I love to eat the curry leaves when they are crispy). To this add the slit green chillies and boiled veggies. I usually boil the veggies in a microwave, this is to retain the crunchiness of the veggies. Add salt to taste and saute the whole mixture for 5 mins time. Slowly add the rice sevai and carefully mix it with the veggies. Switch of the flame and serve hot with Chutney.

No comments:

Popular Posts